Reflections on living fit

As a growing, reflective health professional who has committed my life to the love of fitness, it is my hope that you can read and share my triumphs and struggles, as I aim to better my own body and change my small part of the world. Catch the energy; move more today than you did yesterday; inspire someone...just BeFit with me.















Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I'm Thankful I Work Out Because....

Here's another top 10 list for the holiday season: Reasons why I'm thankful I work out regularly. Sometimes it's good to take a step back and imagine what your life would be like without your exercise. What aches and pains would you have? What weaknesses? Would you feel more sluggish? Would you have problems sleeping well? Would you start to become more depressed and negative emotionally? Once you have the full picture of the "you" that doens't exercise, be thankful that you're NOT that person and that you've successfully made exercise a given part of your day and life!

I'm thankful I work out because...

10. There's no question about whether or not I can do push-ups on my toes.
9. I don't have to think twice about picking up a 45 pound box (I use that as an example, because I just did that today).
8. Even at my most "out of shape" moment, I know I could run a 5K at the drop of a hat....perhaps even a half-marathon (although my time certainly wouldn't be great).
7. Fast metabolism! Let's pray that sticks around beyond my 20's!
6. Things that once made me self-conscious about my body are now non-issues.
5. I've been able to make a great career out of it!
4. I rarely get sick. (In fact, I have to really stretch to find reasons to use my "sick days!")
3. The renewal and stress relief that tells me everything is going to be ok.
2. Accidents aside, I'm set to live a long, happy life with my husband and future children.
1. The positive, accomplished and empowered feelings I get after every single workout. It never gets old.

Happy Thanksgiving! I challenge you to make your own Top 10 list of why you're grateful for exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment