Reflections on living fit

As a growing, reflective health professional who has committed my life to the love of fitness, it is my hope that you can read and share my triumphs and struggles, as I aim to better my own body and change my small part of the world. Catch the energy; move more today than you did yesterday; inspire someone...just BeFit with me.















Monday, March 28, 2011

2-Minute Challenge for the Day

http://donothingfor2minutes.com

A yoga instructor passed this on to me today. It's a simple challenge, but hard: Do NOTHING except listen to ocean waves for 2 full minutes. Can you do it? In the workplace, even if we physically can sit there for 2 minutes and not do a thing, we look weird to those around us. "Who is the freak starting at her computer screen??"

I find, especially in the fitness industry, many of us are Type A personalities (or Threes, for any of you Enneagram believers). I'm one of these types, so I understand the struggle of doing nothing. We find it hard to sit still and do something as simple as watch TV. Or, we can do those things, but we have a time limit and after about 30 minutes of mindless activity we HAVE to move! Learning the beauty of doing nothing, or at least learning how to truly relax is a process that you have to practice just like anything else

No comments:

Post a Comment