Reflections on living fit

As a growing, reflective health professional who has committed my life to the love of fitness, it is my hope that you can read and share my triumphs and struggles, as I aim to better my own body and change my small part of the world. Catch the energy; move more today than you did yesterday; inspire someone...just BeFit with me.















Friday, April 15, 2011

Excuses, Excuses

To fitness professionals, there is NO excuse (other than injury or some sicknesses) to not workout. Scheduling can never be an excuse, because we all know there are certainly enough hours in the day to squeeze in something. This blog post is going to become a running list of the best (and by "best" I mean worst) excuses I've heard from people to avoid exercising. These all came from clients of mine when they were cancelling a personal training session. (And if you're reading this and thinking, uh oh...that one was me, don't worry...I still love ya! I just can't help poking fun!)

1. I had a work pitch-in. (so you canceled your training session to EAT.)
2. I fell down the stairs during the fire drill and twisted my ankle. (Injury--yes, a valid excuse. But what a creative way to fall!)
3. I have to help my little sisters get ready for homecoming...cute right?! (Not cute, and here's why....these past 3 excuses were from the same person)
4. I have to find earrings for a wedding.
5. I put my shoes out on the deck and it rained overnight. (Valid excuse, because we do have a policy of no barefeet in the gym...but don't most people own a spare pair?)
6. I forgot my shoes. (Valid reason if you have super small or super large feet...but I always have an extra pair!)
7. It's too nice outside to be in the gym. (Do you not have enough faith that your personal trainer can create an outdoor program for you?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment