Reflections on living fit

As a growing, reflective health professional who has committed my life to the love of fitness, it is my hope that you can read and share my triumphs and struggles, as I aim to better my own body and change my small part of the world. Catch the energy; move more today than you did yesterday; inspire someone...just BeFit with me.















Wednesday, January 9, 2013

NIFS Mini Marathon Training

This year, my Mini-Marathon training is going to take a different twist. Instead of just training alone, I'm going to be one of the pace group leaders for the NIFS Mini-Marathon Training Program. They host these trainings on Wednesday nights starting Jan. 23, at two locations: downtown at NIFS and in Carmel at Cherry Tree Elementary. I will be at the Carmel location leading the 9 min/mile pace group.

There are still spots available, so if you think you might want some added help in improving your finish time, or just want the company for the long runs, sign up!! Not only does the registration fee cover your training runs, but it also includes a post-race celebration dinner at Maggiano's!

I have to admit--I'm  a little nervous about running in the snow, if it should come to that. I generally don't start my Mini training until March, and by that time, all the snow has cleared out. I'm a wimp about running in snow, so my biggest fear is slipping and falling on a patch of ice and making a fool of myself in front of my entire pace group! :/

No comments:

Post a Comment