Reflections on living fit

As a growing, reflective health professional who has committed my life to the love of fitness, it is my hope that you can read and share my triumphs and struggles, as I aim to better my own body and change my small part of the world. Catch the energy; move more today than you did yesterday; inspire someone...just BeFit with me.















Monday, October 24, 2011

Funny because it's TRUE!



I came across this picture the other day when I was browsing Pinterest. How hilarious is that?! We all have those rock star moments when you're finishing up that last mile, sprinting hard, feeling sleek and unstoppable. Then, you see some unflattering race photos and think, "Is that really what I look like with I run??" That's the curse of high-impact exercise...jiggling.

More often than unwanted jiggling or bouncing, I find that I always feel like I'm running faster than what it actually looks like to other people. Sometimes on light, easy treadmill runs, when I approach the last few minutes, I suddenly feel like I'm going faster than when I started--even if I never touched the speed button--probably just due to adrenaline. Then, I catch myself in one of the gym mirrors and it looks like I'm just jogging.

But isn't increased self-image one of the well-known benefits of regular exercise?!

No comments:

Post a Comment