Reflections on living fit

As a growing, reflective health professional who has committed my life to the love of fitness, it is my hope that you can read and share my triumphs and struggles, as I aim to better my own body and change my small part of the world. Catch the energy; move more today than you did yesterday; inspire someone...just BeFit with me.















Thursday, April 19, 2012

Today's Workout: Tour de France, Stage 18


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqCzDxAqqAQ&feature=related

Today, I made a last-minute decision to take someone else's cycle class rather than run. It was a good choice, because the cycle instructor had a video class in store for us. He projected the above video clip on a screen, which shows Stage 18 of 2011's Tour de France. We only did the last 40 minutes of the video clip since it was a 45-minute class, but that involved 34 minutes (11 kilometers) straight of hill-climbing. We were instructed to follow along with Cadel Evans, the guy in the red jersey who the video features a lot of. Anytime he stood up out of the saddle we did too, and so on.

This cycle instructor does these video classes every now and then-- they're great ways to mix up the class routine and it gives you some interesting scenery to ride along to. If you have a spin bike at home or teach spinning classes, give it a try! Pick your favorite rider and try to work as hard as they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment