Reflections on living fit

As a growing, reflective health professional who has committed my life to the love of fitness, it is my hope that you can read and share my triumphs and struggles, as I aim to better my own body and change my small part of the world. Catch the energy; move more today than you did yesterday; inspire someone...just BeFit with me.















Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Coming soon: Your Everyday Beach Body

I've had an idea brewing for a long time now... I want to create and feature a picture workout every so often on my blog so that readers can follow it for a few weeks at a time, or if nothing else, add to their library of exercise ideas. What I hadn't nailed down until recently is a title or 'brand' for the workout series. But then I was reminded of a recurring theme on my blog I feel passionate about: "Your Everyday Beach Body."

I really hesitated with the words "beach body" in the title, because I don't want to associate this with the Beachbody umbrella of products including P90X, Insanity, etc. Unlike those videos/plans, this isn't a 60-90 day program. Nor is this like all of the magazine features that you see this time of year, such as "Beach Sexy Abs," "Tank Top Arms," "Legs that Look Good in Shorts" etc etc. Additionally, this is not a workout plan similar to those posted on Pinterest that say all you need is 4 minutes a day, a series of 20 jumps squats, burpees, push-ups and squats.

This is real life. Real people. It takes time; a serious commitment; a personal drive. So, my workouts won't be ones that can be done in 15 minutes. If you quite literally had no more than 15 minutes on a particular day to exercise, is 15 minutes better than none? Absolutely. But will 15 minutes a day make you lose 20 pounds, banish cellulite and get ripped? Absolutely NOT! So who are we kidding?

We're talking lifestyle changes here. Habits that, over time, give you a beach body that you can be proud of every day. Not just for vacation. Not just for your wedding. Not just for the entire summer. My hope is that everyone who really gives it their all, will have the confidence and inhibition that come with having this everyday beach body. One that you maintain, yes, even in the dead of winter. And while actually on the beach, your biggest concerns should be not getting bitten/stung by some mystery ocean creature or how to discreetly get rid of the sand in your underpants.

Check back within the week for the first installment of "Your Everyday Beach Body!"


-M

No comments:

Post a Comment