Reflections on living fit

As a growing, reflective health professional who has committed my life to the love of fitness, it is my hope that you can read and share my triumphs and struggles, as I aim to better my own body and change my small part of the world. Catch the energy; move more today than you did yesterday; inspire someone...just BeFit with me.















Thursday, November 10, 2011

What to do with your collection of race medals

Do you ever wonder what to do with your race medals? Sure, some of them are meaningful and worth keeping, but there comes a point where you have collected several, and you don't feel sentimental about every single one of them. Unless you have a trophy room, you may find that your race medals are just stashed in odd places-- say, the jeans drawer of your dresser, like mine.


I recently heard about the organization "Medals 4 Mettle." You can donate your race medals and they are then passed on to kids with chronic illnesses or diseases as rewards for making it through stressful treatments, say chemotherapy. Check it out! www.medals4mettle.org/index.php

Now, for those of you who may be super-sentimental (the scrapbooking types), and you can't bear to part with your medals, even for a good cause, I've come across some cool ways to display them. If you run races in several cities, like I want to start doing, check out this idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment