Reflections on living fit

As a growing, reflective health professional who has committed my life to the love of fitness, it is my hope that you can read and share my triumphs and struggles, as I aim to better my own body and change my small part of the world. Catch the energy; move more today than you did yesterday; inspire someone...just BeFit with me.















Friday, May 6, 2011

Picture Library of Work Events

Since my job is sometimes a bit hard to describe in a nutshell, and since we do quite a range of health promotion activities besides just personal training and group fitness, I'm starting an on-going library of work event photos. It'll give you a little peek into corporate fitness....


For the past two years, Dow AgroSciences has participated in the Indiana Sports Corp's "Corporate Challenge." As the team captains, Lucy and I recruit employees to participate in various athletic events from a 5K, 1/2 mile sprint, football toss, corn hole, bowling and much more. Our team competes against other Indianapolis companies--basically like track and field day for adults! This is me pictured with two of my personal training clients at 2009's Corporate Challenge.


This is a shot of 2010's Corporate Challenge, as we were first arriving to IUPUI Carroll Stadium, where the event takes place each year.


Last year at DAS, our Health Services team put on a big Health Expo up the lobby of our main building. We invited various vendors and organizations, and employees were able to browse through all the booths. This is me and our nurse practitioner, Janice.


As the blood drive coordinator at DAS, I plan 4 on-site blood drives per year, partnering with the Indiana Blood Center. Last year, DAS won a competition by having the highest percentage of blood donors compared to other companies our size. Our grand prize was a special visit by the Vince Lombardi trophy won by the Colts in 2007. Even though I had seen and touched it before, as a Colts fan, you can never get enough of it!


Also related to being the blood drive coordinator, I was invited out to Lucas Oil stadium during the Indiana Blood Center's annual "Bleed Blue" event. My friend Malorie and I got a tour of the Colts locker rooms--I couldn't resist taking a picture on their warm-up bike, since I do also teach spinning classes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment