Reflections on living fit

As a growing, reflective health professional who has committed my life to the love of fitness, it is my hope that you can read and share my triumphs and struggles, as I aim to better my own body and change my small part of the world. Catch the energy; move more today than you did yesterday; inspire someone...just BeFit with me.















Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"Relay for Life" Wine Tasting Recap




Wine tasting = success. As mentioned in my previous post about Relay for Life, my husband Chad and I hosted a wine tasting party last Saturday night as a fundraiser. We offered six different wines that our guests could taste and make notes about, as well as all kinds of appetizers from sushi rolls to cheese, crackers, fruit and dark chocolate of course. Each person had a wine "worksheet" to fill in notes about the aroma, taste, color etc. as well as rank the wine on a scale of 1-10. It was funny how seriously people were considering their notes about each wine, being sure to get just the right word to describe it, and capturing all the info about the winery it came from and what year the grape was. While the venture proved to be more expensive than we anticipated (we spent over $250), I surpassed my fundraising goal! Better yet, I got over my hesitation about participating in fundraisers in general...you just have to make it fun and appealing to people. And who doesn't want to eat and drink for $5?? I have a feeling this could become an annual event (with a slightly higher entry fee.)

Stats of the night:
Total number of guests: 21. That's not counting myself or Chad, so we set a record for the highest number of people we've had in our apartment at one time!
Money raised: $118
Bottles of wine consumed: 14. Wow guys. That's all I can say!
Highest ranked wines of the night: Cycles Gladiator syrah; Tres Ojos (a red spanish wine); and Bota Box Reisling--yes, a boxed wine was thrown into the mix. Surprisingly good, but maybe because everybody likes reisling.

No comments:

Post a Comment